As the largest charitable legal immigration network in the nation, CLINIC provides substantive legal and program management trainings and resources, as well as advocacy support at the state and national levels. CLINIC also has a team of immigration attorneys who specialize in religious worker immigration law, assisting Catholic dioceses and religious communities to navigate this complex area of law. As it has throughout its 30 year history, CLINIC continues to meet the legal needs of the rapidly growing population of immigrants in the United States facing deportation, breakup of families, loss of immigration status, loss of employment, and other negative impacts of changes in immigration law and policy.
We are currently seeking a passionate, dedicated, resourceful Director of Fundraising and Development. This position reports to the Executive Director and will be responsible for overseeing CLINIC’s fundraising strategies and initiatives to obtain the financial or in-kind resources necessary to fulfill the agency’s mission and to ensure that CLINIC is well-resourced. This person will cultivate funders and donors, develop funding proposals, and write and oversee grant proposals and solicitation letters.
* Develops, implements, and reports on a strategic approach to cultivating resources by planning short, medium, and long-range strategies with benchmarks, outcome expectations, methodologies, costs, and relative return rates of various proposed methodologies.
* Plans and implements a program(s) to identify, nurture, solicit and sustain major gifts and corporate prospects.
* Works with senior leadership in identifying and soliciting grants from new and current foundations or other funders.
* Oversees donor appeals, providing direction on the scope of appeals, methodologies employed, monitoring outcomes, and evaluating results for modifications.
* Oversees grant proposals and reports to foundations. Regularly works with senior staff and program staff to match funding interests of current and potential funders and donors.
* Oversees resource development-related special events and campaigns.
* Manages and engages CLINIC’s Board’s Resource Development and Nominating Committee.
* Assists senior staff and section staff in the planning and development of projects to prepare for proposal submissions or funding requests. * Maintains confidentiality regarding donor information and CLINIC proprietary information.
* Works collaboratively to ensure the fulfillment of the agency’s mission through understanding CLINIC’s financial needs and proposing and implementing solutions to meet them.
* Directly supervises direct report(s) within the section (interview, hire, appraise, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems).
* Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
* Master's Degree, preferably in business or public administration, marketing, communications, or related field with significant coursework in fundraising
* Ten (10) years of experience in resource development or fundraising for nonprofits, including at least Five (5) years of experience managing relations with individual donors and foundations.
* Minimum of Five (5) years of previous supervisory experience.
* Demonstrated ability to raise funds from donors.
* Demonstrated ability to manage grant writing.
* Knowledge of current and proven approaches to donor appeals.
* Membership in relevant fundraising professional associations.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Familiarity with national and local foundations and grant-making organizations, their proposal requirements, and grant-writing standards.
* Ability to conduct analyses and interpret results.
* Ability to think and plan strategically, identify short- and long term threats and opportunities, and communicate information with leadership.
* Ability to travel several times per year for fundraising events, donor cultivation, board meetings, conferences and professional development.
* Knowledge of current immigration policies preferred.
CLINIC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan, and generous leave benefits.
APPLICATION: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements via ADP or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our webpage at www.cliniclegal.org for more information. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CLINIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, minorities, immigrants are encouraged to apply.