Communications and Marketing Internship
CLINIC is seeking to fill an unpaid internship (volunteer) position in its Communications and Marketing section for Fall 2014. The internship offers a unique opportunity to help expand coverage of CLINIC projects through the promotion of advocacy positions, immigration-related events, and publications on various social media platforms.
The intern will:
- Be a part of a busy non-profit organization focused on promoting the dignity and protecting the rights of immigrants
- Receive diverse communication assignments including writing blogs, press releases, web pages, and marketing materials
- Assist in preparation for annual conferences
- Track usage statistics and work with the Communications and Marketing team members to ensure sustained growth and active participation among online community members
- Participate in the recording, production, and editing of audio and video content for posting to CLINIC’s website
- Review and enhance the organization’s media list to identify the major outlets covering immigration
- Have the opportunity to attend events and policy briefings, and conduct research on immigration-related issues.
Student pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism, International Affairs, International Development, and or related field.
Skills needed include strong writing and research, organization, teamwork, flexibility, and initiative. Interest in immigration, Catholic social teaching, and public policy are a plus, as is Spanish.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Maura Moser, CLINIC’s Director of Communications, at email@example.com.