The St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance department at Catholic Charities is seeking qualifiedBilingual Staff Attorneys for its Unaccompanied Children Legal Assistance Program (UCLAP).
We are looking for energetic attorneys who are committed to advancing justice for immigrants and in particular migrant children fleeing violence and civil strife in their home countries. The individual that fills this position will be responsible for:
- Provides legal assistance to unaccompanied children in detention and upon their release in state courts and immigration proceedings.
- Supervises legal assistants and paralegals in the provision of legal assistance to the unaccompanied children.
- Coordinates referral internally across units or externally with other legal services providers.
- Performs client intake interview.
- Conducts community outreach and education on issues affecting unaccompanied children.
- Manages a robust caseload in a fast-paced environment.
- Provides regular reports on cases, issue trends and statistics for grant reporting purposes.
- Provides technical assistance to pro bono attorneys.
- And, performs other duties as assigned.