The St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance team is seeking one highly qualified Bilingual Legal Assistant to assist refugees, asylees, and other immigrants throughout the Greater Houston-Galveston area seeking to become U.S. Citizens. Working with a diverse client base, the Legal Assistant will schedule clients for in-house consultations as well as workshops, coordinating with attorneys and volunteers.
- Schedules and conducts consultations with clients to assist them in their Naturalization applications, including compilation and organization of supporting documents, translating into English documents in foreign language, and answering questions clients have about the process.
- Provides outreach and education services to refugees, asylees, and other immigrants.
- Assists attorney with the logistical arrangements for Citizenship workshops, including attending the workshops and helping to coordinate the volunteers.
- Maintains statistical data for grant reporting.
- And, performs other duties as assigned, e.g. assisting with in-house meeting and training, coordinates with community partners, engages in coalition activities, participating in staff and agency retreats, assists with special events.