The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) is seeking Law student interns and externs for summer 2019.
CLINIC is the largest charitable immigration legal service network in the country and provides advocacy support, legal expertise, and technical assistance to over 330 legal services organizations nationwide.
Interns will assist attorneys with a variety of research, writing, and advocacy projects as part of our efforts to remedy problems faced by immigrants and support state and local advocacy in favor of immigrant integration and against anti-immigrant measures. Now is a particularly exciting time in the field of immigration law due to new critical changes in immigration policies at both the federal and state levels. Intern responsibilities may include:
• Reviewing federal and state regulations and policy guidance
• Drafting comments on federal regulations
• Researching and analyzing state immigration-related legislation
• Supporting pro bono affiliates in immigration appeals
• Developing public education and training materials
• Assisting legal service providers with individual case inquiries
• Collaborating with non-profit partners on advocacy initiatives
• Attending meetings with government agencies, hearings, and other events
Applicants must have strong writing, research, and communication skills and excellent attention to detail. These internships are ideal for law students considering a career in public policy or advocacy.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resumé, and writing sample to email@example.com by Friday, March 15, 2019. Include “Summer 2019 Intern/Extern” in the title. All intern/extern positions are unpaid.