The Administrative Assistant – Operations reports to the Deputy Director of Operations and works on a team that provides administrative support to CLINIC as a whole agency. This position will focus on providing high-quality support to increase the efficiency of CLINIC’s operations. The assistant must be enthusiastic, organized, meticulous, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Promptly answer questions about CLINIC’s services via phone or email.
- Receive and sort mail for the national office, and ensure field offices receive mail in a timely manner.
- Direct mass and individual mailings for the national office. Support field offices with mailings when possible.
- Manage and maintain CLINIC’s database for mailings to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, and assist with database maintenance for additional mailings when needed.
- Lead outreach initiatives via mass and individual mailings on behalf of the Executive Director to promote CLINIC’s mission and services.
- Assist CLINIC’s Finance team with receiving and accurately logging checks. Assist CLINIC’s Advancement team with receiving and accurately tracking online donations. Assist CLINIC’s Religious Immigration Services team with accurately receiving and tracking client fees.
- Assist with the administration of MOU’s and contracts.
- Create and manage a system of centralized office supplies and event supplies.
- Create and manage a calendar system for the agency.
- Assist with systemizing CLINIC’s central files and historical documents.
- Assist with systemizing CLINIC’s data storage, retention, and deletion processes.
- Assist CLINIC’s Operations team with administrative support as needed.
- Work with the administrative support for programs to provide regular internal agency updates to CLINIC staff.
- Act as a support for or backfill CLINIC’s administrative and facilities team members.
- Assist with other assigned duties for varying CLINIC teams as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support agency mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Willing to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values, and beliefs.
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff:
- Serve with integrity;
- Develop innovative solutions;
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network;
- Cultivate constructive relationships; and
- Model stewardship.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent, or three years of office related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro, and ability to quickly learn other programs or software that assists with job responsibilities
- Familiarity with editing CRM systems preferred
- Excellent customer services skills
- Highly detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and initiative
- Interest in immigration
- Familiarity with, or ability to understand, Catholic social teaching and the structure of the Catholic Church
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) capabilities are desired but not required.