Training Operations Manager
Summary Description: The Training Operations Manager will manage all aspects of CLINIC’s internet-based training programs, including rapid e-courses, multi-week e-courses, solo webinars, webinar series, and recorded videos that are part of trainings. Working with both CLINIC instructors and training participants, this position creates and organizes new course websites and identifies and implements e-learning improvements and innovations. The Training Operations Manager also monitors and assesses training registration, and prepares statistical reports tracking e-course registration and participation. The Training Operations Manager is responsible for supervising and directing the work of the Training Events Coordinator. Specific responsibilities, as well as the required background for this position are detailed below.
- Develop and administer CLINIC’s learning management system (LMS)
- Serve as liaison with CLINIC’s External Relations Section on promotional strategies for trainings
- Support the creation of new self-directed and e-courses by identifying infographics, visuals, and other design elements
- Stay abreast of technology developments and adding new functions to Moodle to meet educational goals
- Utilize instructional design principles to assess e-learning program needs and goals
- Create and refine policies and procedures for online trainings
- Supervising, assigning, and directing the work of the Training Events Coordinator
- Monitor productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Administer learning management system (LMS), set up courses, upload materials, add new features as new needs are identified
- Oversee all aspects of online trainings, including registration, live facilitation and certification
- Promote staff understanding of LMS, CRM, and training platforms
- Provide student support through e-learning orientation and ongoing problem-solving related to use of e-course technology
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BS/BA or commensurate experience required;
- 3-5 years’ work experience required;
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels across a segmented organization;
- Advanced understanding of Excel and Microsoft Office products;
- Familiarity with video platforms like AdobeConnect, GoToWebinar, Zoom;
- Familiarity with CRM systems like CiviCRM;
- Familiarity with LMS systems like Moodle;
- Familiarity with course authoring software like Articulate;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; deadline driven; self-motivated; must be able to work in a team environment;
- Previous supervisory experience preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to delegate responsibility to direct reports;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High level of customer service and problem solving abilities;
- Ability to translate tech language for non-tech users;
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, data-driven, and able to proactively identify and address problems quickly and independently;
- Experience in technical support or adult education a plus.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support agency mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Willing to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values, and beliefs
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
- CLINIC’s national office is based in Silver Spring, MD. However, this position will be remote due to COVID-19 until further notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment:
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@CLINICLEGAL.ORG.
Silver Spring, MD