The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions such as preparing and sending invoices to funder in accordance with agreement requirements and billing deadline, perform check deposits and recording of cash receipts. In addition, the Staff Accountant will be involved in reconciling and summarizing revenue data, creating journal entry, and updating donations and grant database for the Donor Relations Team.
- Perform online check deposit and create journal of cash receipts
- Monitors EFTs related to donations and update the Donor Relations Manager
- Assist in updating donations dashboard
- Analyze and reconcile credit card receipts.
- Summarize revenues and create journal entries
- Process credit card payment refunds
- Review the supporting documentation needed (travel, labor, other direct costs) to accompany the invoices
- Creates and mail invoices to clients/funders per contracts
- Review and reconcile receivables and follow-up payments
- Prepare monthly federal grants, fixed price, and temporary restricted revenue schedule.
- Manage the numbering, filing of signed MOUs, and tracking of flowthrough payments
- Assist in the preparation of semi-monthly payroll Assist with month-end closing and annual audit
- Performs other tasks assigned as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 2-years of experience in a related occupation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of GAAP and revenue recognition standard ASC 606
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Ability to work well with others and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Experience working with Excel; Sage MIP or other accounting software; Outlook; Excel; Word
- Understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values and beliefs
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships Model stewardship Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
Silver Spring, MD 20910