The Programs Assistant reports to the Deputy Director of Programs and provides administrative and logistical support to the Programs staff. The assistant must be enthusiastic, organized, meticulous and provide exceptional customer service.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Deputy Director of Programs and on cross-sectional projects.
- Support program and rapid response meetings with scheduling, notetaking, and follow-up reminders.
- Receive, sort, compile, and summarize material for the preparation of reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare documents (including spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations) for internal and external meetings as assigned.
- Monitor, maintain, and distribute weekly DOJ recognition and accreditation reports to programs staff.
- Review expense reports for accuracy.
- Gather agendas/supporting documentation before external meetings.
- Prepare for upcoming meetings and activities through weekly calendar reviews.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent, or three years of office related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro, and ability to quickly learn other programs or software that assists with job responsibilities
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others internally and externally with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround • Highly detail-oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and initiative
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Commitment to welcome and defend newcomers in the United States
- Familiarity with, or ability to understand, Catholic social teaching and the structure of the Catholic Church
- Willing to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values and beliefs
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning — for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintains professionalism and positivity in workplace interactions
- Demonstrates leadership and takes initiative
- Takes responsibility for actions, results and mistakes
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner, keeping individuals informed of key issues and needs
- Develops and exercises strong problem-solving skills and judgement
- Focuses on building and strengthening relationships across and outside the organization
- Demonstrates flexibility and openness by adapting to changing priorities, ideas, strategies, procedures and methods
- Makes effective decisions
- Resolves conflicts constructively
- Demonstrates behavior that supports fundraising as a critical and shared responsibility
- This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting of significant weight.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
This position is remote until Januaryf 2022 and then will be located in the Silver Spring, MD office.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Silver Spring, MD 20910