Measurement, Learning and Evaluation Manager
The Measurement, Learning and Evaluation Manager reports to the Director of Organizational Strategy and Board Development and works closely with the Executive Leadership team and programmatic sections in support of the organizational commitment to measurement, learning and evaluation of impact. The position is responsible for creating, overseeing and maintaining mechanisms to measure progress, determine impact, and making recommendations to increase effectiveness and impact. The mechanisms include a range of learning and evaluative tools, as well as implementing organization wide systems that demonstrate CLINIC’s commitment to learning and informed decision making. The purpose of this position is to increase CLINIC’s evaluation capacity and information sharing. The manager is responsible for incorporating evaluative thinking and practices throughout the organization and for creating systems to centralize and streamline data collection, analysis, evaluation, and reporting practices.
- Conduct CLINIC’s annual affiliate survey.
- Analyze the survey results and publish a report accessible to staff, Board of Director members, affiliates, funders, and other interested stakeholders.
- As needed, provide customized reports to staff.
- Provide staff with applicable results to inform CLINIC decisions.
- Create and maintain a system of increased organization-wide information sharing of affiliate information.
Analysis of CLINIC’s Services
- Standardize and implement CLINIC’s training and event satisfaction surveys.
- Work closely with CLINIC’s Web Resource Coordinator to assess, maintain, analyze and distribute the information collected through CLINIC’s content relationship management system.
- Monitor and systematize the distribution of CLINIC’s analytics including email, web, social media and other identified platforms.
- Ensure that the leadership team has the information needed to inform programmatic and operational decisions.
Data and Reporting
- Working collaboratively with the Communications and Advancement teams, standardize and contribute to CLINIC’s data collection and reporting of CLINIC’s substantive work.
- Support programmatic teams with identified projects that require tracking and analysis, and formative or summative evaluation.
Organizational Strategy and Board Development
- In conjunction with the Director of Organizational Strategy and Board Development, assist the Executive Team with strategic and open processes.
- At the request of the Director of Organizational Strategy and Board Development, identify organizational operations that require evaluation and implementation, conduct the evaluation, and make recommendations to the organization’s leadership and the Board of Directors.
General/Ongoing Evaluation Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Director of Organizational Strategy and Board Development provide the Executive Director and the Executive Team with qualitative and quantitative data to promote CLINIC to the board, funders and public.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Executive Team to identify and implement additional project evaluations.
- When necessary, manage and supervise external evaluation contractors or consultants.
- Purchase and manage organizational evaluation and survey software.
- Advise Section Directors or relevant staff on evaluation tools, processes and software.
- Participate in evaluation trainings for continual professional development and to introduce the organization to useful evaluation resources.
- Conduct — design, deliver and evaluate — a bi-annual CLINIC staff engagement survey.
- Assist with grant opportunities that fund the organizational evaluation needs.
- As needed, review grant requests to assess the evaluation component.
- Create collaborations with other immigration-related organization and research institutes to better study and report on immigration legal issues.
- Develop relationships with and utilize services of organizations that provide pro bono evaluation support.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support CLINIC’s mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Willing to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values and beliefs
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning — for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintains professionalism and positivity in workplace interactions
- Demonstrates leadership and takes initiative
- Takes responsibility for actions, results and mistakes
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner, keeping individuals informed of key issues and needs
- Develops and exercises strong problem-solving skills and judgement
- Focuses on building and strengthening relationships across and outside the organization
- Demonstrates flexibility and openness by adapting to changing priorities, ideas, strategies, procedures and methods
- Makes effective decisions
- Resolves conflicts constructively
- Demonstrates behavior that supports fundraising as a critical and shared responsibility
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in social sciences, with emphasis on applied research methods, preferred
- Two to four years’ experience in a similar role, and at least two years’ project management experience
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing evaluation process
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience with and ability to research, learn and train others on evaluation software
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Desire and ability to prioritize learning and development in field of study
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and to direct projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a highly confidential and fast paced environment
- Ability to review, analyze, and synthesize information
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and initiative
- Interest in immigration
- Familiarity with, or ability to understand, Catholic social teaching and the structure of the Catholic Church
- This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting of significant weight.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment:
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@CLINICLEGAL.ORG
This position is REMOTE until COVID restrictions have been lifted.
Silver Spring, MD 20910