About our Catholic Charities Family
We seek compassionate, talented individuals with a heart for helping others and making a positive impact on the lives of men, women, and children across our large region. People of faith helping people in need achieve self-sufficiency and live with dignity.
Join our team as a Managing Attorney. The Managing Attorney is responsible for co-managing the Unaccompanied Children Program, responsible for overall supervision and operation of the Unaccompanied Children Program of the Cabrini Center which includes providing legal services to children designated as unaccompanied minors under the TVPRA while they are detained in ORR facilities and upon their release to sponsors in the greater Houston area. The program also includes auxiliary services for sponsors such as Safe Release Services and Legal Orientation Program for Custodians that prepare sponsors for the minor's release. The managing attorney will supervise and provide ongoing training and mentorship to new supervisors, attorneys, non-attorney positions, and clerks to develop breadth and depth of supervisory skills and substantive knowledge to ensure high-quality legal services. The Managing Attorney will provide strategic direction for the unit based on needs and changes in immigration policies and procedures. The Managing Attorney will work with other Managing Attorneys within Cabrini Center under the Director and or Vice President.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You have a Juris Doctor degree from ABA-accredited law school
- You have 5 – 10 years of experience in a broad range of immigration law
The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience managing and training, attorneys and attorney supervisors
- You have experience managing substantial immigration caseloads and strategic planning
- You have experience in litigation and client advocacy
- You demonstrated legal research and legal writing skills
- You demonstrated verbal and written communication as well as negotiation skills
- You demonstrated community outreach and public speaking skills, including ability to work with media
- You have strong organizational skills and ability to manage a significant caseload, deadlines, tasks simultaneously
- You have experience supervising and managing legal staff and supervisors
- You demonstrated multi-cultural skills and sensitivity
- You can handle and maintain confidential information
The Value You Deliver
You join Catholic Charities and help people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What you Deliver
- Strategic Planning;
- Supervision and mentoring;
- Substantive Legal Supervision and Support;
- Legal Representation;
- Personnel Management;
- Collaboration within Cabrini, CCAGH, funders, and the immigration legal services community;
- Contract and Agency Compliance;
- Convening and meeting within the UC program, Cabrini, CCAGH, funders and advocacy groups;
- You perform other duties as assigned
How Your Work Impacts our Organization
The work you do will help us advocate for the vulnerable among us, a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
Cabrini - Houston, TX