Legal Orientation Program Manager
Catholic Charities Atlanta is seeking full-time Legal Orientation Program Manager in our Immigration Legal Services program. Fluency in Spanish is required. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We will consider applications from attorneys as well as experienced immigration advocates who will be able to obtain full EOIR accreditation within one year of hiring.
The Legal Orientation Program Manager travels to three detention centers in South Georgia to provide detainees with Know Your Rights presentations as well as other educational programs. The work is challenging, as is the detention environment. As Manager, the candidate will be the lead service provider for one of the three detention centers. Additionally, the candidate will manage a team of seven and be responsible for all grant record-keeping and reporting.
- Supervise Legal Orientation Program (LOP) staff.
- Drive to remote immigration detention centers, including Stewart Detention Center in Lumpkin, GA, Irwin County Detention Center in Ocilla, GA, and Folkston ICE Processing Center in Folkston, GA, among others. This travel may include overnight stays on weeknights, approximately 2-3 nights a week.
- Manage stakeholder relations with leadership at all LOP facilities.
- Manage day-to-day operation of LOP at all funded detention centers.
- Manage relations with program funders, including the Vera Institute of Justice and the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
- Travel and conduct LOP presentations and follow-up with detainees. Prepare, organize and transport LOP material for the week.
- Manage the LOP automation software development, implementation, user experience and improvement. Keep LOP staff updated on software.
- Attend and participate in all required LOP conferences, trainings, and site visits.
- Train new staff in the LOP model.
- Ensure all LOP materials are current and up to date.
- Prepare and submit all LOP reports and LOP grant related materials.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atlanta , GA