Grants Manager & Advancement Officer (Fundraising and Development)
The Grants Manager & Advancement Officer plays an essential role on the Advancement team as the lead for developing and maintaining grant proposals, grant reporting, fulfilling administrative support and other requirements for both restricted and unrestricted grants from donors, foundations, government and any other funding sources.
Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all administrative grant requirements are fulfilled, both in the submission of grant proposals and in fulfilling grant award conditions.
- Assisting in the development and compilation of reports, tracking reports, and other administrative items necessary to fulfill grant or CLINIC requirements.
- Serving as a technical writer for grants and letters of intent in support of the Director of Advancement.
- Maintaining detailed records of all documents and procedures; and,
- Assisting with the development of new strategies to expand and diversify CLINIC funding sources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in Business Management, Liberal Arts, Communications, Finance, or related field.
- Two (2) to four (4) years experience in grants administration, project management support, grant writing, or other related experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management with an ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of program management and CRM software
- Knowledge of and support the organization's mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Occasional travel may be required to attend CLINIC’s board of directors meetings, trainings and CLINIC Convening and other special events.
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
- This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting of significant weight.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff members. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and non-essential job functions are subject to modification.
This position is based in Silver Spring, MD.
Salary range is $65,000-$70,000.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Silver Spring, MD