The Executive Assistant will provide assistance to the Executive Team who is trusted with complex duties and sensitive information. This role reports to the Executive Director. This role will include a high level of administrative support, project management and co-ordination. In addition to general administrative work, this role involves scheduling meetings, taking minutes during sessions, maintaining databases and producing reports or presentations for the Executive Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will work both on a one-to-one basis with the Executive Team, but also on a wider basis with internal and external clients. This Executive Assistant role includes:
- Acting as the point of contact between the Executive Director and internal and/or external stakeholders rationalize time to manage volume; ensure priorities are completed accurately and promptly; and make tradeoffs so that the Executive Director’s calendar reflects her priorities.
- Organizing meetings and booking meetings.
- Handling correspondence directed to key stakeholders.
- Drafting communications on behalf of the Executive Director, including but not limited to correspondence, email communication, briefing documents and meeting materials.
- Making travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries.
- Reconciling expenses through credit card, receipts and invoice management.
- Producing the Executive Director’s quarterly expense reports for submission to the Treasurer.
- Taking notes and minutes and writing them up and distributing in a timely fashion.
- Assisting in producing reports and presentations.
- Maintaining the current filing and database system and looking for ways to improve current systems.
- Management of complex contracts and correspondence.
- Providing sophisticated calendar and diary management.
- Working closely with HR and external relations to assist with preparation of internal messaging.
- Serving as liaison between Executive Director and Staff to promote clear lines of communication, sharing of resources and information and assisting with cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Assisting the wider team with administrative tasks as required.
Executive Assistant job qualifications and requirements
This Executive Assistant position is for a professional individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment. The person will be dealing with both internal colleagues and external stakeholders on behalf of management. They are also expected to display the following traits:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Professional discretion
- At least 3 years supporting at an executive level (legal, accounting background highly regarded)
- Highly proficient in MS Office and PowerPoint, Formatting and Functionality - advanced level
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to create and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Independent thinking and solutions-oriented
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support the organization’s mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Occasional travel may be required to attend CLINIC’s board of directors meetings, and other special events.
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organizational Behaviors:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning — for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@CLINICLEGAL.ORG
This position is REMOTE until COVID restrictions have been lifted.
Silver Spring, MD