Donor Relations Manager (Fundraising and Development)
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue from current and prospective donors. The Donor Relations Manager also provides comprehensive administrative assistance to the Advancement department, with a focus on office and fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, event logistics, donor relations and stewardship efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining a calendar and timeline for annual donor appeals, which includes reporting and tracking data, reconciling monthly statements, preparing financing reports and the preparation of grant receipt forms.
- Overseeing all aspects of CLINIC’s direct and electronic mail appeals, including drafting letters, tracking donations and preparing spreadsheets
- Maintaining and managing donor lists, processes individual gifts, corporate donations, and grants awards.
- Stewardship, including preparation of thank you letters and acknowledgement letters in accordance with IRS reporting requirements and CLINIC policies.
- Interacting with donors, including solicitations, questions, recognition and cultivation activities.
- Working with the Events Manager in planning and executing special events.
- Collaborating with Communications section on development appeals, donor-related publications and social media presence.
- Maintaining relationships with outside contractors in renewing registrations for national and state appeals and online profiles.
- Attending internal and external meetings, including providing administration of quarterly CLINIC Board Resource Development Committee meetings and community events, as required.
- Serving an integral role in CLINIC’s annual Convening event, with emphasis on sponsorships and exhibitors and scholarships.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training in Business Management, Liberal Arts, Communications or related field
- Two (2) years of development experience
- Familiarity with fundraising activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in interacting with current and potential donors
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to travel on occasion for Convening, fundraising events, and outreach events
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management with an ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of program management and CRM software
- Knowledge of and support the organization's mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Occasional travel may be required to attend CLINIC’s board of directors’ meetings, trainings and CLINIC Convening and other special events.
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
- This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting of significant weight.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff members. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and non-essential job functions are subject to modification.
This position is based in Silver Spring, MD.
Salary range is $65,000-$70,000.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Silver Spring, MD