Director of Human Resources and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In support of the philosophy and ethical norms of the Catholic Church, Catholic social teaching and the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., the Director of Human Resources and Diversity Equity and Inclusion will be a strategic thinker who will plan, develop and implement a human resource program for diverse geographic and cultural environment of approximately 70 employees. The successful professional will possess expertise in the principles and practices of human resource management and its governing applications.
This position has three primary areas of focus: 1) Hands-on designing HR ‘best-practices’ with the goal of efficient and effective HR operations; 2) Represent the organization during labor relations cases, arbitration, fact-finding and maintain positive Labor-Management relations. 3) Serving as the DEI champion this position will work collaboratively with employees to create, and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion immersion throughout the organization.
Additional responsibility for pay and gender equity, and compensation practices. The successful candidate will serve as confidential advisor to management to help create a culture of belonging and supportive of diverse perspectives. This position will supervise the Human Resources Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically develops a workforce plan that promotes a mission-driven culture of engagement, inclusion, equity, and achievement.
- Responsible for building and guiding the human resources functions and activities for the organization.
- Develops and manages the employee performance review process and manages training and skills upgrades.
- Responsible for managing recruitment, orientation, retention and development throughout all CLINIC locations
- Responsible for distributing/communicating needed information and assures compliance with HR policies.
- Collaborates with leadership and non-management staff.
- Leads the work of the Brain Trust, an affinity group in the implementation of an organization-wide DEI strategy.
- Leads training and develops knowledge capacity of staff on fair employment practices and DEI.
- Leads development of key metrics to track progress of HR initiatives and DEI strategies.
- The HR Director will monitor for salary scales to ensure compliance with the Equal Pay Act.
- Oversees the effective utilization of ADP/HRIS software.
- Will implement a workplace safety plan throughout the organization.
- Must have at least seven to ten years of work experience in Human Resources development, including diversity programs, labor relations, employment law compliance, staff training, coaching, employee engagement programs, recruitment, and HR operational efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and Certified Human Resources Management required. Master’s degree preferred, or any combination of education and experience that meet the essential qualifications of the job.
- Trained and experienced in supervision, leadership development and organizational planning.
- Trained in adult-learning theory techniques and diversity leadership, preferred.
- Must be technology savvy with working knowledge of MS Office Suite, HRIS systems.
Licenses, Registrations and Certificates:
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP (or equivalent)
- SPHR – HRCI (or equivalent)
- Diversity Training Certification
- Passion for the human resources field and agency’s mission
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to guard confidentiality
- Possesses strong ethics and morals
- Ability to recognize unconscious bias and promote inclusion in a diverse workforce
- Skilled at project management and mult-tasking
- Ability to mediate unfair labor practice complaints
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills-both written and verbal
- Proven expertise in building HR platform operations from start to finish
- Strong leadership experience, and teaching skills
- Strong computer skills
This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting of significant weight. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff members. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and non-essential job functions are subject to modification.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Silver Spring, MD 20910