Director of Finance
This position can be located anywhere in the United States
The ideal candidate will be able to work remotely
POSITION: Director of Finance
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
MANAGEMENT: Budget & Reporting Manager
MEMBERSHIP: Executive Leadership Team
Senior Leadership Team
STAFF LIAISON: Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
Summary Description: The Director of Finance is responsible for leading, managing, directing, and supervising CLINIC’s financial operations. This position ensures that all financial functions are effectively planned and consistently executed utilizing sound and compliant financial policies and procedures, proactive, strategic and forward-looking planning.
The Director of Finance helps guide the planning and decision-making affecting the entire organization and shares responsibility for achieving the agency’s mission through effective and efficient mobilization of its financial resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the senior leadership team, actively participate in strategic, data driven problem solving and organizational planning.
- Oversee annual budgeting process using relevant forecasting techniques.
- Maintain full integrity of all financial processes using organizational policies and procedures that are compliant with law, ethical operational guidelines, and best practices.
- Conduct and analyze internal audits to monitor and control cash flow, reduce expenditures, and maximize revenue.
- Manage day-to-day operations of all accounting functions including budgeting, cash flow processing (receivables and payables) and reporting functions.
- Prepare all financial reports and enable the production of the annual audit and tax returns in an effective and efficient manner.
- Lead a team to accurately and effectively complete the work of the Finance Section.
- Work closely with the leadership team, including the Board of Directors’ Finance and Audit Committee enabling them to maintain the integrity of financial decisions.
- Support all organizational function areas such as advancement, human resources, operations and programs by assisting in strategy development, financial management procedure design and goal implementation.
- Provide the Office of Finance staff necessary direction, supervision, and support to ensure clarity in roles, responsibilities, and expectations
- Conduct performance appraisals and offer regular feedback and guidance to the Finance staff
- Bachelor’s degree required, CPA and/or MBA degree desirable or commensurate experience.
- 10+ years of professional financial experience with 5+ year’s executive-level experience.
- Fluent communication skills, both written and verbal; an ability to effectively communicate with people across multiple levels and multiple functions of a national organization, both internal and external.
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, tactfulness, and good judgement and proven record of accomplishment of effective interaction with senior staff.
- Ability to work effectively and with grace with multi-cultural awareness.
- Self-starter able to determine the best course of action with little oversight across multiple projects and priorities; able to engage appropriate resources in a collaborative manner.
- Good with process, with a bias towards execution.
- Intellectually curious, deeply organized, reliable and highly attentive to detail.
- Trustworthy with the most sensitive of information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support the organizations mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Occasional travel may be required to attend CLINIC’s board of directors meetings, and other special events
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Send Resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
8757 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910