West Coast Mennonite Central Committee, a CLINIC subscriber, has two position openings immediately available for and Legal Services Advisor and.. Staff Associate for Immigration (caseworker) (both Bilingual).
Immigration Legal Services Advisor
The Immigration Legal Services Advisor provides leadership and oversight to the West Coast MCC Immigration and Documentation Program. With excellent Spanish and English communication skills, this person is an advocate for immigrant rights and just governmental policies. The Immigration Legal Services Advisor directly supervises the Immigration Caseworkers (based in Reedley, Calif., and Upland, Calif.) as well as the Immigration Receptionist.
- Administration of Immigration Legal Services Program Components· Supervision of Staff· Staff Training· Budget Monitoring· Community Outreach · Legal Casework· Collaborate with larger MCC team
- BIA representative, JD, or attorney who has completed a recognized jurisprudence degree
- Membership in the California State Bar
- Membership with the American Immigration Lawyers’ Associate preferred
- Minimum of three years immigration legal experience, one year management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of current immigration issues and filing processes
- Demonstrated ability to create structures and systems to provide immigration services
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential documents with discretion
- Ability to lead a team and organize office procedures
- Demonstrated communications skills in cross-cultural settings in Spanish and English languages
- Technologically proficient, knowledge of MS Office, ImmigrationTracker a plus
- Demonstrated ability to set and follow through on work priorities without supervision.
- Passionate concern for undocumented and other marginalized people. Demonstrated ability to relate to MCC board and to other agencies addressing immigration issues
Staff Associate for Immigration (Bilingual)
The Staff Associate for Immigration will assist qualified applicants with immigration documentation needs. With a primary focus on serving immigrants from MCC constituent churches in Central California, the associate, in conjunction with the Immigration Team, will assess the needs of immigration clients and provide immigration legal counsel and documentation services such as translation, completing immigration paperwork, and declarations. Also includes accompanying applicants to Immigration Service interviews.
- Associate of Arts degree or equivalent experience
- Passionate concern for undocumented immigrants and marginalized people
- Professional office appearance and demeanor
- Fluent in verbal and written English and Spanish
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Ongoing willingness to learn, interpret and remain current in immigration laws and procedures
- Ability to recognize and properly maintain confidential data and information
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and appropriately prioritize assignments
- Solid organizational and administrative skills, close attention to detail
- Cross-cultural skills and the ability to relate comfortably and effectively in a variety of constituent settings
- Prior experience working in a team environment with limited supervision
- Computer and Internet literate
- Available to travel for training sessions and meetings approximately four times per year
- Prior immigration legal experience preferred
MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to Emily Stednick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 559-301-3403 for more information.