March was a big month as more than 200,000 people from across the country gathered in Washington D.C. to show their support for comprehensive immigration reform. Additionally, Senators Schumer (D-NY) and Graham (R-SC) released a blue print for what could become a comprehensive immigration reform bill in the Senate. With deportations on the rise, it is events such as these that show steps being made in the right direction. These stories and more were the most read immigration related news items for March.
March for America: Change Takes Courage
- Broad coalition packs Mall to urge overhaul of immigration laws.
- Raids throw shadow over immigration reform rally.
- Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) released a statement outlining a blueprint for comprehensive immigration reform.
- A mother and son will be deported and separated from the rest of their family after the 13-year-old boy punched a schoolmate and stole 46 cents.
- There has been an increase in the number of U.S. military veterans being deported.
Have thoughts on any of the above stories? Leave us a comment below!
You can receive the complete Immigration News Bulletin via email by signing up here.