Recent Blog Entries
- New Americans Campaign comes together for Citizenship Drive in Los Angeles
- Ushering in a New Season for CLINIC and our 11 Million Undocumented Neighbors
- Living in God's Image, Embracing the Immigrant
- Lent: A Reform of the Heart
- Immigration Policy and New Estimates of the U.S. Unauthorized Population
- A Lenten Call to Embrace Acts of Charity
- CLINIC Holds Unique, “Mega” Workshop Training Event in Los Angeles
- Do Immigration Laws Deny Religious Freedom?
- Joyful Anticipation
- Las Posadas: An Invitation to Hospitality
March for America, Immigration Reform, and Deportations: March in Immigration News
March was a big month as more than 200,000 people from across the country gathered in Washington D.C. to show their support for comprehensive immigration reform. Additionally, Senators Schumer (D-NY) and Graham (R-SC) released a blue print for what could become a comprehensive immigration reform bill in the Senate. With deportations on the rise, it is events such as these that show steps being made in the right direction. These stories and more were the most read immigration related news items for March.
March for America: Change Takes Courage
- Broad coalition packs Mall to urge overhaul of immigration laws.
- Raids throw shadow over immigration reform rally.
- Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) released a statement outlining a blueprint for comprehensive immigration reform.
- A mother and son will be deported and separated from the rest of their family after the 13-year-old boy punched a schoolmate and stole 46 cents.
- There has been an increase in the number of U.S. military veterans being deported.
Have thoughts on any of the above stories? Leave us a comment below!
You can receive the complete Immigration News Bulletin via email by signing up here.
CLINIC welcomes your thoughts and comments. When leaving comments please stay on topic and be respectful of others. CLINIC reserves the right to remove posted content that is defamatory.