Recent Blog Entries
- Simply Grateful
- Putting a Human Face on Immigration: 230 People Travel to Capitol Hill to Participate in CLINIC’s Advocacy Day
- New Americans Campaign comes together for Citizenship Drive in Los Angeles
- Ushering in a New Season for CLINIC and our 11 Million Undocumented Neighbors
- Living in God's Image, Embracing the Immigrant
- Lent: A Reform of the Heart
- Immigration Policy and New Estimates of the U.S. Unauthorized Population
- A Lenten Call to Embrace Acts of Charity
- CLINIC Holds Unique, “Mega” Workshop Training Event in Los Angeles
- Do Immigration Laws Deny Religious Freedom?
Highlights from CLINIC's Immigration News Briefing: 5/11-5/15
May 15, 2009 CLINIC compiles a free Immigration News Bulletin of immigration-related news articles of interest to our network on a regular basis. Every Friday, CLINIC will post the three articles most popular with its readers. Here are this week’s top stories.
- On Friday, the Washington Post published an extensive profile of U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) and his efforts to raise public awareness about the need for immigration reform. (David Montgomery, “No Turning Back,” Washington Post, 5/8/09)
- Today is the one-year anniversary of an immigration raid at the Agriprocessors meat processing plant in Postville, Iowa, in which nearly 400 undocumented workers were arrested. The Washington Post reports that Postville has been “devastated” economically. (Nigel Duara, “ Vigils for anniversary of Iowa immigration raid,” Washington Post, 5/12/09)
- Many of Vermont’s family dairy farms depend on immigrant workers --some of whom are undocumented--for labor. Farmers argue that the broken immigration system has made it nearly impossible to recruit workers using legal channels. (Wilson Ring, “ Vermont dairy farms count on illegal immigrants, ” Washington Post, 5/13/09)
You can receive the complete Immigration News Bulletin via email by signing up here.
CLINIC welcomes your thoughts and comments. When leaving comments please stay on topic and be respectful of others. CLINIC reserves the right to remove posted content that is defamatory.