Recent Blog Entries
- New Americans Campaign comes together for Citizenship Drive in Los Angeles
- Ushering in a New Season for CLINIC and our 11 Million Undocumented Neighbors
- Living in God's Image, Embracing the Immigrant
- Lent: A Reform of the Heart
- Immigration Policy and New Estimates of the U.S. Unauthorized Population
- A Lenten Call to Embrace Acts of Charity
- CLINIC Holds Unique, “Mega” Workshop Training Event in Los Angeles
- Do Immigration Laws Deny Religious Freedom?
- Joyful Anticipation
- Las Posadas: An Invitation to Hospitality
CLINIC Heads to Convening
May 18, 2009
This week, more than 250 immigration legal service providers are heading to Colorado Springs to participate in CLINIC’s 12th Annual Convening. Those of us who work at CLINIC are excited to speak in person with members of our network.
To kick off the Convening, Pat Medige, senior attorney at Colorado Legal Services, will be speaking at the opening plenary session on Wednesday afternoon. Last month, after three years of effort, Pat won a landmark civil case in which a judge awarded $7.8 million to five farm workers from Mexico who had been held in conditions resembling debt bondage.
Pat is one of hundreds of people who are doing great work in the immigration legal services field around the country. The Convening gives us at CLINIC an opportunity to celebrate the efforts and successes of our affiliates in addressing on-the-ground issues on a day-to-day basis.
The theme of this year’s Convening is “Rising to the Challenge: Seeking Justice and Unity.” It will be exciting to learn how Pat and so many others in our network are pursuing justice through their work.
CLINIC welcomes your thoughts and comments. When leaving comments please stay on topic and be respectful of others. CLINIC reserves the right to remove posted content that is defamatory.